Your All Access Pass to our Virtual National Meeting
In lieu of our bi-annual national convention we will be hosting a virtual national meeting on July 25, 2020 from 11am – 3pm. The meeting will be hosted using Zoom. Our convening will allow us to focus on the business of our beloved organization in three key areas:
What to Expect
Epsilon Gamma Iota, Inc. is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all members at its meetings, regardless of age, profession, gender. We value the participation of each member and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout all events hosted.
We expect all Epsilon Gamma Iota, Inc. virtual meeting and event participants, members, and speakers to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event.
To make clear what is expected, all attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers, and volunteers at any event in the GitHub space are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
EXAMPLES OF ENCOURAGED BEHAVIOR THAT CONTRIBUTES TO A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT INCLUDE:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for everyone at the event
- Showing empathy towards other participants
UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform, Zoom.
Reporting Harassment to the National Advisory Board of Epsilon Gamma Iota, Inc. at email@example.com
CONSEQUENCES OF MISCONDUCT MAY INCLUDE:
- Immediate removal from meeting or event without warning.
- Restrictions from future Epsilon Gamma Iota, Inc. meetings and events.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE DURING THE NATIONAL VIRTUAL MEETING
Sub Paragraph: To ensure all members have an enjoyable experience and we maintain a professional and friendly environment here are some ways to communicate during the meeting. Upon entering the meeting all participants will be muted. Participants will not have permissions to unmute themselves or share their screen. Instead please use the following actions to share information:
Chat Box: You will be able to communicate privately between each other and with the organization as a whole using the Zoom chat feature.
Raise Hand: If you have a question or want to share a response or perspective please use the “Raise Hand” feature in Zoom. The meeting manager will unmute you for you to share.
Upload Documents into Chat: If you are running for a position and want share other information that is not included in the original platform you submitted with your nomination form, please upload it to the chat box. The meeting manager will download it and share it to Zoom so all participants can view it.
Dear Epsilon Digital Membership Initiative
DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP INITIATIVE
HOW TO SUBMIT
SUBMISSIONS DUE JULY 19, 2020
11:30am: State of Epsilon Address
12:00pm: National Reports
1pm: Unveiling the National Strategic Plan
1:30pm: Induction of members in Epsilon Omega
2:45pm: Dear Epsilon Video
NATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD ELECTED POSITIONS
If you are interested in running for any of the five (5) executive board positions (National Director, 1st Vice National Director, National Undergraduate Liaison (formerly 2nd Vice National Director), National Secretary, National Treasurer):
To submit your nomination form for the National Advisory Board please click the link below. A list of full requirements and descriptions for each position is found in the National Constitution and Bylaws.
NAB EXECUTIVE BOARD NOMINATION FORM: https://bit.ly/nabnomination2020
NATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD DIRECTORSHIP POSITIONS
If you are interested in applying for any of the ten (10) directorship positions for the National Advisory Board:
To submit your application to the National Advisory Board please click the link below. A list of full requirements and descriptions for each position can be found on the national website at http://eci1984.org/directorship-application/.
NAB DIRECTORSHIP APPLICATION: https://bit.ly/nabdirector2020
NATIONAL CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS: https://bit.ly/eciconstituion
NATIONAL ELECTIONS AND VOTING GUIDELINES: https://bit.ly/ecielectionsguide
- Description: The E-Awards is the revamp of our bi-annual awards. This initiative is to honor the vision, passion, and innovation of the members of Epsilon Gamma Iota, Inc. Currently the E-Awards has two categories. NAB Awards which are honors bestowed upon members selected by the National Advisory Board and National Membership Awards which are honors bestowed upon members by nomination and vote. You may nominate yourself or another member. Please submit your nomination only once. All members nominated will be included on the ballot as long as the application is complete.
- Awards Categories:
- Radiant Red Award: Honors the male and female member that sparked action and initiative in a way that propelled the mission of the organization forward. They showed resilience even when the odds were not in their favor. They held the membership accountable to our responsibilities as brothers and sisters in the frat.
- Royal Blue Award: Honors the male and female member who mirrors the organization’s mission. This individual has been instrumental in navigating differences and creating harmony within the organization.
- Member of the Year: The highest honor. This award honors the male and female member who has demonstrated exceptional support to the organization as well as individual members. This individual has made an impact in the organization, encourages brother and sisterhood, while successfully encouraging other members to accept and embrace challenges.
- Nomination link: is bit.ly/epsilonawards